Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Decisions, decisions

It's time to figure this out.
To keep this blog... or try the Tumblr blog.
Hmmmmm...

Meanwhile... I'll just keep jumping around on the two!

Ski Joring in Whitefish was at the end of the month.  It was so great to see so many friends and friendly faces from the past 4 years, and so neat to meet some new ones!  There were a bunch of teams competing in the event... so there was lots of great action!   Scott Marksbury of Angel-Glass photography teamed up with Big Mtn Photos to provide action from the whole course.   I also wished I had called for Abe Quilling of Angel-Glass to help again..... next year!  Artsie man with a plan!

Saturday brought a HUGE crowd!  Lots of folks taking photos, eating great food from the local vendors, and drinking some Cowgirl coffee and Great Northern beer.  Good times!!  A little overcast and a bit of a drizzle... but nothing that would stop the fun for today!
Sunday was a whole different story.  10 degrees and the wind blowing sideways with gusts of at least 40 mph.  Whoa!  The crowd severely diminished in size sunday, but the action was incredible.  With the cold temps brought a FAST course.  The horses had much better stability in the track, and the skiers this time were fighting to make it around in one piece.  Competition was intense!  Especially when it came to the open category.  Saturday's best times were in the upper 17 seconds... Sunday they times came crashing down with finish times of early 16 seconds!  YEAH! 

It's always sad to see the fun go.... and luckily I have new friends to keep in contact with, and some AMAZING images from the weekend.  I look forward to this weekend every year since I've been the official photographer.. and I can't wait until the next one.

Until then, I hope to keep in contact with some great folks and hang out and photograph their sidekicks through the summer months.

What I wouldn't give up to jump be a cowgirl.  These fabulous folks and their four legged steeds make it look so amazing.  But, I can't imagine how much time really goes into what they do.  Little do I know!

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

The best way to appreciate.. is to let me know what you think! Please leave your name & a fav image.

THANKS! =)